WEEK SIX & SEVEN

This week I worked on fixing some Perl dependency Issues that came up when I tested my  MHA branch on Ubuntu 14.04. I Looked for a way round this issue of MHA perl dependencies and how this can be improved. Actually setting up  MHA is really stressful because of this issue. There are lots of packages that need to be installed for things to work. I also improved on our master monitor script. I added

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use lib '../lib';
use MHA::MasterMonitor;

$num_args = $#ARGV + 1;
if ($num_args != 4) {
 print "\nUsage: master_monitor username password ip port\n";
 exit;
}

MHA::MasterMonitor::main( @ARGV );

This script uses the MasterMonitor script to connect to a master server.  It regularly checks the availability of mysqld at the given master server specified by the IP parameter and Prints an error message when mysqld is unavailable or is not running on that server.
Commits can be found on github here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s